The NBA is officially returning and there is so much to anticipate. Heading into these last 8 games before the postseason, we have some strong predictions on what can happen during the NBA’s time inside the bubble.
- Pelicans will secure 8 seed/ LeBron-Zion Matchup
- Boston will be back in the Eastern Conference Finals to face Milwaukee
- If Dallas/Clippers meet in first round, series will go to 7 games.
- LeBron James will bring his team together and make a huge run at a championship. Expect LeBron-Giannis matchup in Finals.
- Denver will be a team to watch out for. A slimmed down Jokic along with Murray is going to be lethal.
- The Los Angeles Lakers will be the team leaving the bubble with the Larry O’Brien trophy.
- The Bubble could allow older NBA stars to show glimpses of their former selves.
- Look out for Philadelphia in the playoffs. A possible change in the lineup could either unlock the Sixers to a deep playoff run or an early exit.
- I’m not sold on Houston’s small ball going into the playoffs.
- This is the season where an underdog team can come out on top!
- I would be predicting a Lakers, Clippers, or Houston win. But with unprecedented times, and the fact that anyone can contract the virus at any time, now is time that a young and hungry team make a push for a title.
- OKC, Miami, or Memphis are three young teams who can turn it up and win a championship. None of us knows who has been staying in proper shape and staying conditioned during initial quarantine months. But we are about to find out.
- LeBron James will be focused and ready to lead the Lakers to the NBA Finals.
- Lakers and Clippers Western Conference Finals. It has been the most anticipated playoff match up all season. It’s just unfortunate that it will not happen in Los Angeles.
- Jayson Tatum, Kemba Walker, and Jaylen Brown will lead the Boston Celtics to the NBA Finals.
- Jayson Tatum will emerge as a superstar in the bubble. He was on a tear before the season was suspended. Expect him to possibly lead Boston to the NBA Finals
- The LA Clippers will continue to get better in both physicality and team chemistry. They will defeat the Lakers in the WCF en route to their first ever Finals appearance.
- The Western Conference 8 seed race will be fun. But Ja Morant will solidify his ROY candidacy by keeping the Grizzlies in the playoffs after defeating Zion and the rest of the teams in a play in game.
After about four months of no sports, we are very excited that basketball is finally returning. It has indeed been unusual circumstances throughout the year. But we are happy that Adam Silver and the rest of the NBA have found a way to complete the season despite all of the issues. The NBA restart begins this Thursday and we hope our predictions will come true.